Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Cheer: DIY Holiday Cider

If you don't know by now that I ADORE the Holidays, then you don't know me at all (cue music "If you don't know me by now, you will never never know meeee"). 

How can one not love the magic that's in the air as it starts to look a lot like Christmas. It's the happiest season of all! With those holiday meetings and gay, happy greetings when friends come to calllll.... 

Alright, enough of this karaoke session! 

Anyway, this year, I'm really trying to turn it up a notch on my DIY holiday projects (more on this to come) so I thought I would share this little Holiday Cider DIY I found, courtesy of Rue Magazine





And in case you need a little help on the cider recipe, here's my favorite!

Ingredients
6 cups apple cider
1/3 cup maple syrup, Grade B 
2 Cinnamon Sticks
6 whole cloves
6 whole all spice berries
1 orange peel, cut into strips
1 lemon peel, cut into strips

Directions
1. Pour the apple cider and maple syrup into a large stainless steal saucepan. 

2. Place the cinnamon sticks, cloves, all spice berries, orange peel and lemon peel into a washed cheesecloth  and tie with kitchen string. (I usually start with 8 strips of orange and lemon peel each) Drop spice packet in to cider mix. 

3. Place the cider over moderate heat for 8 to 10 minutes until the cider is very hot but not boiling. 

4. Remove the cider from the heat and discard the spice package. Ladle into glasses and add a fresh cinnamon stick for garnish. 

Makes 6 servings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails